Wednesday, April 29, 2009

C

This passage that begins Chapter four of Chilcote's book is the passage of the Prodigal son. I have heard countless sermons and illustrations looking at this passage, many of which pull out vivid depictions of the return of the son that sinned. In my own life though I many times do not feel like I fit in the prodigal sons story. Sure I have sinned and continue to sin, but many times I feel more like the older brother that has been working in the Fields and feels somehow slighted when the prodigal returns. Am I just simply working under the Father and never really understanding who the Father is? Do I have the same passions for the prodigal son when he returns? Or do I simply see it as another time that God overlooks the work that I have been doing for Him...

No comments: