Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A

"Action is not activism. An activist wants to heal, restore, redeem, and re-create, but those acting within the house of God point through their actions to the Healing, restoring, redeeming, and re-creating presence of God. "

-Henri Nouwen "The Only Necessary Thing" pg. 141

This quote struck me as a novel way at looking at the Kingdom of God. So many times Christians believe that we need to be activists in politics and social issues but Nouwen challenges this belief. God is already doing the action. The action has already begun and is happening as we speak, we simply need to act within the actions that God has already been apart of. My goal therefore is not to start a movement, my goal is to join in the movement that has been going on for two thousand years. To be a part of the amazing story that Christ comenced humanity on. Isn't that great!? I don;t have to be an amazing charismatic character, I can be me and simply take part in the movement that is already healing, restoring, redeeming, and re-creating all around me.

No comments: