Thursday, April 9, 2009

A

On Sunday March 29th I spoke on Matthew 27:46 at Terra Nova because we have been going through a series called "Famous Last Words." Throughout this series we have been looking at the last words of Christ on the cross, my week entailed the verse where Christ calls out to God and says "Eli, Eli, Lamma Sabachthani? which means My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" As I looked at this verse we discussed the nature of Christ's call to God, and equated it with the call that many of us face throughout our lives.

It was interesting then when I looked at this weeks reading and saw that Robert Foster dealt with this same topic (wish I had known that before I spoke). Robert looks at the the prayer of the forsaken at a variety of aspects, and deals with the deep needs that humanity has when we enter into prayer to the almighty. Throughout this chapter I felt the love of God on myself and the understanding that He has when I am in the midst of conflict.

No comments: