Tuesday, April 21, 2009

C

Still for thy loving kindness, Lord,
I in thy temple wait;
I look to find thee in thy Word,
Or at thy table meet.

Here in thine own appointed ways
I wait to learn thy will;
Silent I stand before thy face,
And hear thee say, "Be still!"

These words are from a hymn entitled "Still for thy Loving Kindness, Lord." Silence and stillness are difficult for me to do on a regular basis. It is one of those things that does not come natural for my walk with God. I constantly must be doing something. During reading, homework or whatever I usually have music or the television on and sometimes both because I feel closer to who I am in times of chaos. I will continue to work on my times of silence and solitude as I work through this course. For my book report I selected a book by Thomas Merton called "Thoughts in Solitude" Hopefully this will continue to get me to think the solitude that I should have in my life.

No comments: