Wednesday, April 22, 2009

B

It is difficult for me to sit in silence. Sitting in silence continually brings me back to pain in my life, because that is when I sit in silence. I sat in silence as my mother fought non-hodgkins lymphoma. I sat in silence when my father was diagnosed with hepatitis, and later when we have come to the realization that there is no cure for him. I sat in through the death of family pets. In the last decade I have sat in silence as all four grandparents died as well as an aunt and an uncle. I sat in silence when I heard my friend through grade school and middle school died in a car accident after he fell asleep at the wheel. I have sat in silence on countless occasions as my wife cried her eyes out for her mother and sister's fight with Huntington's disease. I sat in silence when I had come back from a trip only to find my friends mother had died and I had not been there with him. I sat in silence when the church that I grew up in, proposed in, and was married in told me that I was not good enough for the position that I was in and would be replaced. I sat in silence with my long time friend and mentor as his sins with an underage girl caught up to him and now finds himself in a 4 x 8 cell. I sat in silence during his trial and sentencing. Most recently I sat in silence on the couch as we cried over the death of our unborn child. It is difficult for me to sit in silence.

No comments: