Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Starting Lent

As you can see over the last several months I haven't been using my blog with any consistency or for any real purpose. Life has been moving fairly quickly, and I simply haven't had the time to really focus on this very much, however I want to change that. Today starts the forty days leading up to Easter known as Lent.

Traditionally people decide to give things up for Lent, but I want to try and take something up for lent. Specifically my blog. So my plan, little as it may be, is to follow my church's "40 Days of Prayer" booklet, which is a tool to help our congregation pray more through the time of Lent. So every day there 'should' (assuming I do it.. everyone else seems to have issues keeping their Lent promises) be a post on the passage for the day, and a quick thought from me.

No comments: